July was another bad reading month for me! I only managed six books and quite honestly I’m disappointed in myself. In fairness, I’m consistently working six days a week at the moment and I’m so tired all the time I just don’t have the energy to read. Hopefully August will be better (fingers crossed!).
- NEMESIS by Brendan Reichs – ★★★★★ [x]
- TWO NIGHTS by Kathy Reichs – ★★★☆☆ [x]
- BETRAYALS by Fiona Neill – ★★★★☆ [x]
- EVERY HEART A DOORWAY by Seanan McGuire – ★★★★★ [x]
- THE MARRIAGE PACT by Michelle Richmond – ★★★★☆ [x]
- TRUTH OR DARE by Non Pratt – ★★★★☆ [x]
I’ve been pretty good with buying books this month – I’m trying to cut down and read the books I already own (my TBR shelf is overflowing, seriously) so I’ve behaved myself and I only managed
- THE EDGE OF FOREVER by Melissa E. Hurst [via Amazon Kindle]
- ALL THE MISSING GIRLS by Megan Miranda [via Amazon Kindle]
- IS IT JUST ME? by Miranda Hart [via The British Heart Foundation, in-store]
- THE FRY CHRONICLES by Stephen Fry [via The British Heart Foundation, in-store]
- DON’T LET GO by Harlan Coben [via Netgalley]
- THE ROANOKE GIRLS by Amy Engel [via Netgalley]
- DON’T YOU CRY by Mary Kubica [via Amazon Kindle]
- IMPACT by Andreas Christensen [via Amazon Kindle]
I also managed to get through a few more episodes of GOSSIP GIRL, and then yesterday I went and spoiled it for myself by accident (articles about the actors should warn you when there are spoilers! I’m so mad!) but I’m really interested to see how they play out the storyline so I’m going to keep watching. I also finally started THE HANDMAID’S TALE last week, which is so good. I’m only a couple of episodes in and I can’t wait to watch more soon!
I also re-watched HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS, PART ONE on the first Saturday of the month with my boyfriend, Rob, and our friends, and I’m hoping we all have another Saturday night off together soon to watch PART TWO. Finally, Rob and I watched X-MEN: APOCALYPSE yesterday which was super interesting, although I’m a little confused on the timelines in these movies.
What did you manage to read/buy/watch this month? I’d love to hear from you!